Easy Cooking Recipes Desserts. Cooking Live Fish
Easy Cooking Recipes Desserts
- (Cooking recipe) A recipe is a set of instructions that describe how to prepare or make something, especially a culinary dish.
- (dessert) a dish served as the last course of a meal
- In Western culture dessert is a course that typically comes at the end of a meal, usually consisting of sweet food. The word comes from the French language as dessert and this from Old French desservir, "to clear the table" and "to serve.
- Desserts is a 1998 short film directed by Jeff Stark and starring Ewan McGregor.
- The sweet course eaten at the end of a meal
- Be careful
- easily: with ease (`easy' is sometimes used informally for `easily'); "she was easily excited"; "was easily confused"; "he won easily"; "this china breaks very easily"; "success came too easy"
- posing no difficulty; requiring little effort; "an easy job"; "an easy problem"; "an easy victory"; "the house is easy to heat"; "satisfied with easy answers"; "took the easy way out of his dilemma"
- not hurried or forced; "an easy walk around the block"; "at a leisurely (or easygoing) pace"
Pannukakku VS Lettu
Right: Lettu aka ohukainen with sugar & raspberry jam
Both are easy & fast Finnish everyday desserts, made with the same recipe. The difference is that the other is baked in the oven and the other is fried on the pan. But the thick oven-made one is called pannukakku (pan cake) whereas lettu looks more like American pancakes or French crepes. This could run counterintuitive (?) to americans.
Recipe (makes about 10 lettus):
5 dl milk
2,5 dl wheat flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon of salt
25 grams melted butter (or oil or margarin)
butter/margarin/oil for oiling the pan
Batter yolks and whites in a bowl, add milk & mix. Add dry ingredients and butter/margarin/oil last. Let the batter stand for half an hour so that the flour has time to swell (not much, but it does).
Heat the pan like when frying eggs and melt a bit of butter or oil on the pan to before pouring batter on the pan. When the batter is solid, turn the pancake.
Serve with jam, icecream, whipped cream, maple syrup (not very Finnish) and/or sugar. You can also create summer lunch by using lettus like tortillas and filling them with sourcream, onion & salmon or cheese and ham, for instance.
I usually don't use any spesific recipe, just mix about right amount of ingredients.
I found out last summer that my distant reatives from Alaska knew pannukakku and called it "Finnish pancake". Swedes stole the meatballs, but at least Finns are credited with some recipe. :) The great thing about pannukakku is that nobody's occupied all night with flipping the pancakes over in the pan. You can just leave it in the oven for half an hour and it's done.
Grilled Summer Fruit w/ Mascarpone Ice Cream (w/ Recipe)
This ice cream is easy peasy to make, and sooooo rich that it's advisable to think small with your portions (for instance, that's a saucer, above, not a dinner plate). Yummy, though,especially with the fruit as a foil.
Ice cream Indredients:
8 oz. mascarpone cheese
1 cup whole milk
3/4 cup superfine sugar
Put all ingredients into a bowl, and beat with a mixer until smooth and thick. Freeze according to directions on your ice cream machine. Store in freezer in freezer-friendly containers until ready to serve. Should serve 4 - 6, because this stuff is really rich.
Grilled Summer Fruit Ingredients:
2 ripe but firm nectarines
2 ripe but firm plums
Honey and cinnamon
Halve fruits and remove pits. Drizzle with small amount of honey on cut side, smear evenly on fruit, and sprinkle cinnamon lightly over honey. Spray hot grill with non-stick spray and place fruit cut side down on the grill (or in my case, a non-stick grilling pan). Grill untl heated through and lightly carmelized (approx. 5 minutes). Remove from heat. Slice fruit into smaller pieces, if desired, after removing from grill. Serves 2.
Fruit and ice cream together: Spoon several slices of grilled fruit onto plate. Add small scoop of mascarpone ice cream. Eat. Enjoy.
online cooking guide
cooking mama game
egg cooking toaster
all cooking games for girls only
rustic italian cooking
cooking classes for singles
cooking light pork tenderloin recipes
cooking for boys