Cooking trout fillets. Equivalents in cooking. Fish cooking guide.
Cooking Trout Fillets
- the act of preparing something (as food) by the application of heat; "cooking can be a great art"; "people are needed who have experience in cookery"; "he left the preparation of meals to his wife"
- (cook) prepare a hot meal; "My husband doesn't cook"
- The process of preparing food by heating it
- Food that has been prepared in a particular way
- (cook) someone who cooks food
- The practice or skill of preparing food
- Remove the bones from (a fish)
- (fillet) a boneless steak cut from the tenderloin of beef
- (fillet) decorate with a lace of geometric designs
- (fillet) a longitudinal slice or boned side of a fish
- Cut (fish or meat) into boneless strips
- A chiefly freshwater fish of the salmon family, found in both Eurasia and North America and highly valued as food and game
- flesh of any of several primarily freshwater game and food fishes
- any of various game and food fishes of cool fresh waters mostly smaller than typical salmons
- Trout is the name for number of species of freshwater and saltwater fish belonging to the Salmoninae subfamily of the Salmonidae family. Salmon belong to some of the same genera as trout but, unlike most trout, most salmon species spend almost all their lives in salt water.
Purple Majesty Fish Cakes
450g/1lb Purple Majesty Potatoes, peeled and quartered
1 large egg
225g/8 oz un-dyed skinless smoked haddock, salmon or trout fillets
175g/6oz frozen peas - thawed
100g/4oz wholegrain breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200?C / Gas 6
2. Boil the Purple Majesty potatoes until soft for 10-12 minutes. Drain but keep the potato water.
3. Meanwhile, put the fish in a pan with a little water, season with black pepper and simmer gently for 4-5 minutes.
4. Gently lift the fish out and put onto a plate. Flake the fish, taking out any large bones.
5. Now mash the potatoes, and break in the egg, mashing together.
6. Add the flaked fish, the peas and a little of the potato water and combine together and shape into 6 fishcakes.
7. Use as much or as little of the potato water as you need to get the right dry, yet stick-together consistency.
8. Press each of the fishcakes into a flat dish containing the wholemeal breadcrumbs and coat evenly all over.
9. These fishcakes can now rest in the fridge until you are ready to cook them
10. When you are ready to cook, simply, place on a baking tray, drizzle with a little olive oil and bake for 25-30 minutes, turning over half way through.
Serve with a large green salad
Purple Points: You will find that adding the egg turns the mixture bluer. For a redder purple, add a squeeze of lemon.
Learn more in the press release.
Grilled Trout with Mushroom & Roasted Pepper Orzo Pilaf
Orzo being the pasta shaped like rice, not the Greek liquor.
trout fillet, ground pepper on top, grilled for about 5 minutes until the thick part flakes (skin side down to keep the skin tender).
Mushroom & Roasted Pepper Pilaf recipe (makes 2 small servings):
1/2 cup of orzo pasta
250ml veg stock (from half a stock cube, about 1cup US)
1 1/2 portabella mushrooms, diced
1/2 a roasted pepper, diced *
some sliced shallots (or onion if you don't have shallots)
a bit of butter, maybe a few teaspoons?
Optional, garlic pepper, can use some garlic if wished.
Heat butter and shallots on low heat until butter is melted. Add in mushrooms, cook until they release their juice.
Add orzo, stir, make sure it doesn't stick.
Add stock, simmer for about 5-8 minutes
Add chopped roasted pepper to cook for the final 2 minutes or so until the orzo is tender.
* to do this, cut pepper in half, remove seeds, place on foil lined tray & grill under high heat until skin blackens, take out and enclose the peppers in the foil, set aside until cool, remove skin, then slice or chop as required. Be careful as they get quite slimy!
cooking corn beef in a crock pot
cooking schools in manhattan
vegetable cooking methods
cooking discussion forum
italian cooking course sydney
cooking the indian way
cooking large groups recipes
cooking 300 350